Autumnal Butternut Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl
Autumn is the Vata time of year, enjoy this deliciously grounding meal.
- Pitta suggestion: Use less of or omit cinnamon.
- Kapha suggestion: Double buckwheat, may omit oats.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (can substitute brown rice)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Unsweetened soy milk or plant-based milk of choice
- Maple syrup
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and cover, simmering for 30 minutes until tender. Add water if needed. Remove from heat, add desired milk amount, and drizzle maple syrup on top.